We are looking for an experienced backend engineer to join Sugar to work with our CTO to help build our fully automated games funding platform on our journey to be the dominant global player in the games finance space.
- This is an exciting opportunity to join Sugar – a VC-backed startup bringing financial solutions to the Games Industry.
- Looking for an Engineer interested in building and owning the platform that drives our automated process.
- Be part of our core team, work closely with founders, utilize interesting technologies such as serverless and state-machines, and as a first engineering hire – have the system built to your liking.
A Day in the Life
- Help our Data Analyst collect and analyse game data by integrating with a good diversity of APIs and data sources, and solve interesting challenges in pre-processing and storing events.
- Design an API, exposing a microservice which will enhance our frontend or benefit game developers.
- Use modern technologies like Lambda and state-machines to define an event/data driven flow, or a low-code orchestration solution to automate a process.
- Preferably 3-5 years of experience in backend development.
- Willing to take on Python and cloud-native development.
- Hands on experience writing tests
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- 25 days holiday (plus additional holiday between Christmas And New Year)
- Friday lunch in the office plus regular social events (returning post-COVID)
- High level of autonomy and support from a highly ambitious and motivated team
- Work SMART: results count, facetime doesn’t. Balance work and life and make sure you’re productive. Don’t miss a deadline, but don’t miss your kid’s nativity play or your new sofa delivery either.
- Aim high: make sure you offer your very best to your clients, colleagues and suppliers.
- Be open: communicate openly and effectively. Let’s talk. Slack and email are fine, but we prefer to talk
Get in touch to find out more – we’d love to talk to you
Sugar is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.APPLY NOW