We are looking for an experienced backend engineer to join our high performing team. The majority of the backend code is written in Python, and you will get to work with interesting technologies such as serverless and cloud-native databases.
A Day in the Life:
- Create Lambda serverless functions and Step Functions orchestrations that are at the core of everything we do.
- Help our Data Team collect and analyse game data by integrating with a good diversity of APIs and data sources, and solve interesting challenges in pre-processing and storing events.
- Design an API, exposing a microservice which will enhance our frontend or benefit game developers.
- Preferably over 8 years experience in backend development
- Willing to take on Python and cloud-native development
- Consuming REST APIs
Nice To Have:
- Experience writing AWS Lambda functions, especially in Python
- Working knowledge of SQL queries
- Hands on experience writing tests
- Work Smart: results count, facetime doesn’t. Balance work and life and make sure you’re productive. Don’t miss a deadline, but don’t miss your kid’s nativity play or your new sofa delivery either.
- Aim high: make sure you offer your very best to your clients, colleagues and suppliers.
- Be Open: communicate openly and effectively. Slack and email are fine, but we prefer to talk, work out together, grab lunch or a beer.
- Competitive salary plus equity options
- 25 days holiday plus all UK Bank Holidays
- The office is shut between Christmas And New Year
- Flexible working
- Home Office Kit – whatever you need to be comfortable
- Your birthday off for your own fun and cake
- A subscription to Headspace, Calm, Centr etc (something for your mental health)
- Friday lunch in the office plus regular social events (returning post-COVID)
- Early finish on the final Friday of each month
- High level of autonomy and support from a highly ambitious and motivated team
Get in touch: Please send your CV and a cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sugar is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.