We are looking for a Risk Manager with sound judgment, excellent attention to detail and someone who loves to problem-solve. Working closely with our Chief Credit & Risk Officer, you will help to coordinate the credit underwriting activities whilst ensuring a robust and swift review of all prospective clients. You will be required to understand all the products offered and have a strong understanding of the risk and commercial drivers as well as technology components.
Our expectation is that this role will provide a career path to becoming Head of Credit.
- Working in collaboration with the Business Development team and providing initial credit screening and pre-credit approval of prospective clients
- Identifying and measuring credit risk in bespoke structured transactions and recommending credit risk-taking appetite
- Completing KYC/AML checks
- Setting and monitoring the credit risk control framework
- Identifying opportunities to optimise our credit decisioning process through the use of data and processes
- Contributing to the production of regular risk reporting
- Owning and driving projects and transaction review to completion independently
- Ensuring we finance clients in a compliant and consumer centric way
- Monitoring activities of approved clients including review of monthly management information and monitoring of repayments
- Several years relevant experience in Risk within FinTech, a challenger lender or financial services
- Strong second line, credit strategy experience
- Excellent proficiency in written and verbal English communication
- Excellent numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Team-player with solid communication and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively and effectively in a small team setting
- Ability to (re)prioritise workload in a fast-paced environment
Nice To Have
- Invoice finance background and/or SME experience
- Work Smart: results count, facetime doesn’t. Balance work and life and make sure you’re productive. Don’t miss a deadline, but don’t miss your kid’s nativity play or your new sofa delivery either.
- Aim high: make sure you offer your very best to your clients, colleagues and suppliers.
- Be Open: communicate and give feedback openly and effectively. Slack and email are fine, but we prefer to talk, work out together, grab lunch or a beer.
- Competitive salary plus equity options
- 25 days holiday plus all UK Bank Holidays
- The office is shut between Christmas And New Year
- Flexible working
- Home Office Kit – whatever you need to be comfortable
- Your birthday off for your own fun and cake
- A subscription to Headspace, Calm, Centr etc (something for your mental health)
- Friday lunch in the office plus regular social events (returning post-COVID)
- 2pm finish on Friday during the Summer
- High level of autonomy and support from a highly ambitious and motivated team