We are looking for an Operations Associate to help simplify finance for the digital world. As an Operations Associate, you will be responsible for supporting the smooth running of the Operational function, working closely with senior members of the team. You should be diligent with a keen attention to detail and a track record of seeing tasks through to conclusion. The ideal candidate should have experience working in an operations role within start-ups or financial services.
- Investigate issues, using data, and work closely with different teams to create scalable solutions that will drive greater efficiency
- Become an expert in Sugar’s products
- Regularly report on client issues and activity
- Stay updated on industry knowledge, compliance regulations, and company policies
- Daily operations and systems support to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of operations
- Producing monthly client statements
- Reconciliation between the finance ledger and bank accounts
- Preferably 1- 2 years experience in operations within a FinTech business
- Security and privacy conscious
- Accountable with a strong sense of ownership
- Motivated and energetic self-starter with excellent people skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Excellent proficiency in written and verbal English communication
- Strong numeracy skills
- Good working knowledge of Excel
Nice To Have
- Experience either in banking reconciliation, a fintech invoice finance provider or revenue based finance
- Work Smart: results count, facetime doesn’t. Balance work and life and make sure you’re productive. Don’t miss a deadline, but don’t miss your kid’s nativity play or your new sofa delivery either.
- Aim high: make sure you offer your very best to your clients, colleagues and suppliers.
- Be Open: communicate and give feedback openly and effectively. Slack and email are fine, but we prefer to talk, work out together, grab lunch or a beer.
- Competitive salary plus equity options
- 25 days holiday plus all UK Bank Holidays
- The office is shut between Christmas And New Year
- Flexible working
- Home Office Kit – whatever you need to be comfortable
- Your birthday off for your own fun and cake
- A subscription to Headspace, Calm, Centr etc (something for your mental health)
- Friday lunch in the office plus regular social events (returning post-COVID)
- 2pm finish on Friday during the Summer
- High level of autonomy and support from a highly ambitious and motivated team