We are looking for a hungry, energetic and highly effective person to join our Biz Dev team to drive sales and partnerships for the business
- You will be responsible for incoming leads and reaching out to companies that might be able to use our help. A primary goal is to manage, nurture and convert potential clients and generate sales for Sugar
- Keep track of all incoming and sourced leads via our CRM, being organised is a big part of success in this role.
- As well as handling Business Development you will also attend online (and, at some point in the future, real-life) events, help shape processes, and make a real difference in our companies journey.
- You will report directly to the Head of Business Development and work closely with the marketing team, your feedback and market insight will have a big impact on our commercial strategy.
A Day in the Life
- Talking directly to studios about Sugar’s finance solution so that game developers can focus on growing their business.
- Working on inbound and new business leads.
- Spotting opportunities for the commercial team: Relevant websites & blogs, events to attend, partnership opportunities to explore, etc.
- Representing Sugar to new leads and clients, we want to build long-lasting relationships.
- Managing your sales pipeline, stay on top of everybody you talk to, and never drop a lead. Being transparent and organised will be very important for success in this role.
- Minimum 2-4 years experience in a business development/sales/partnership role.
- Experience in the game/app/fintech industry.
- Outstanding client management and communication skills.
- Being able to work autonomously and really take ownership of our BD efforts.
- Being organised, transparent, and able to juggle multiple responsibilities.
- Relevant hands-on BD Experience: Managing a pipeline, pitching to clients, cold and warm outreach, after-sales support, etc.
- Most importantly: Enthusiasm, pride, and responsibility in your work and really want to help build something great
Nice to have
- Speaking a second language is a big plus.
- Love games! You’ll be talking to lots of game studios, it’s great if you love gaming.
- Ability to work closely with different teams to create the most value for your clients.
- Work Smart: results count, facetime doesn’t. Balance work and life and make sure you’re productive. Don’t miss a deadline, but don’t miss your kid’s nativity play or your new sofa delivery either.
- Aim high: make sure you offer your very best to your clients, colleagues and suppliers.
- Be Open: communicate openly and effectively. Slack and email are fine, but we prefer to talk, work out together, grab lunch or a beer.
- Competitive salary plus equity options
- 25 days holiday plus all UK Bank Holidays
- The office is shut between Christmas And New Year
- Flexible working
- Home Office Kit – whatever you need to be comfortable
- Your birthday off for your own fun and cake
- A subscription to Headspace, Calm, Centr, etc (something for your mental health)
- Friday lunch in the office plus regular social events (returning post-COVID)
- Early finish on the final Friday of each month
- High level of autonomy and support from a highly ambitious and motivated team
Get in touch: Please send your CV and a cover note to email@example.com
Sugar is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.