As we continue on our journey to simplify finance for the digital world, we are looking for a backend engineer to join our high performing team.
You will be working alongside our founders and core team to bring financial solutions to the games industry. The majority of the backend code is written in Python, and you will get to work with interesting technologies such as serverless and cloud-native databases. You will join our small team of engineering hires, so this role will suit someone who is interested in building out our platform, driving our ability to scale, and willing to grow with us as a company.
- Professional experience with Python building especially AWS Lambda/Step functions (Google CP/ Microsoft Azure would be considered).
- Working knowledge of AWS native services for databases and messaging.
- Familiarity with infrastructure code such as Terraform and automated CI/CD pipeline.
- Have experience working in a distributed remote environment.
- Have good communication skills.
- Quick independent learner.
- Passionate about writing high-quality code.
Building new features and subsystems based on our internal and external customer requirements.
- Writing readable and maintainable code and tests.
- Participating in code reviews.
- Taking time to learn and grow your knowledge and skills.
- We use AWS extensively, and are excited by rapid, lean development procedures with very little administrative overhead
- While we have a full time QA and DevOps, we expect developers to have ownership of their code into production.
- Work Smart: results count, facetime doesn’t. Balance work and life and make sure you’re productive. Don’t miss a deadline, but don’t miss your kid’s nativity play or your new sofa delivery either.
- Aim high: make sure you offer your very best to your clients, colleagues and suppliers.
- Be Open: communicate openly and effectively. Slack and email are fine, but we prefer to talk, work out together, grab lunch or a beer.
- Competitive salary plus equity options
- 25 days holiday plus all UK Bank Holidays
- The office is shut between Christmas And New Year
- Flexible working
- Home Office Kit – whatever you need to be comfortable
- Your birthday off for your own fun and cake
- A subscription to Headspace, Calm, Centr etc (something for your mental health)
- Friday lunch in the office plus regular social events (returning post-COVID)
- Early finish on the final Friday of each month
- High level of autonomy and support from a highly ambitious and motivated team
Sugar is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.APPLY NOW